Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Knife and Gun related crimes amongst the young are fast becoming an every day occurrence, so just what is the answer.

Does it call for a political stance such as the Conservatives want in there being a prison sentence if caught with these weapons? Is it a parental problem or do we have to some how find a way to educate these youngsters that carrying such weapons will undoubtedly mean death, for at some time it will mean they will use them.

I can not for the life of me understand why the young have taken to carrying such weapons in this way and the ease at which they appear willing to use them; it is not exactly new I know, I remember the flick knife, the knuckle duster etc when I was young, what I do not remember is this total lack of respect for human life.

There surly should be a strong deterrent with sentence and judges should use the highest sentence available to them. However prevention has to be better than cure,
    we also have to find a way to get through to these youngsters who carry weapons in the first place. They need to understand that weapons are not the answer that gang rivalry is not the answer and that human life has to be respected.

I do not know the answers, but I do think there should be a united front of all political parties and all sections of the communities to find a way to educate and deter these people from owning and carrying weapons.

end link