Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am very selective in what I watch on TV as time is too precious to just sit and watch whatever happens to be on. Usually I set my PVR using series link to record what I want to watch and often there may only be a couple of programmes set.

A couple of weeks back early evening I was flicking through channels, as you do, and came across a programme with the presenter shouting at someone calling him a 'waster' and worse. Having grabbed my attention I watched for a while and discovered it was a programme I had heard about but had never seen. It was Jeremy Kyle and since then I have made the point of recording a couple of programmes and I watched them a few days ago.

I was amazed and how refreshing it is to see someone tell people few home truths, he really does not mince his words. This junk TV is perhaps not so junky because there are a lot of people out there who really need to be told a few home truths and torn to strips.

What I can't understand is why these people actually want to go on this programme to be exposed as the filth they really are. Is 5 minutes of fame, even in that context, really so desirable these days? Or are they so thick that they don't realise how pathetic/sad/moronic etc they really are.

end link