Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard is right, it is a mockery of democracy. The fact that they held this extra election at all is very odd indeed. The people had already voted. This time the result was bought.

I was amazed that they voted against ratification (NO) the first time round. I mean to say, it is a country that thrived bigtime within the European Union household so why did they vote against it then. iT was truly bamboozling to me!

Now the system has got the result it wants so the dust can finally settle.

Ireland got overconfident previously. The economy was doing well, their 'Celtic Tiger' surge forward was very impressive, and the general feeling was...'nothing can stop us now!'

Then came the recession. The banks either went bust or hung on by the process of government nationalisation, and big business shed jobs by the truckload. The result...panic! and a re-alignment of thinking.

Although this new YES result is bought and paid for, throw enough money at anything and anything is possible...it is the right result in my view. They can now get on with a comfortable life within the cosy safe confines of the European Union.

67.1% voted YES.

end link