Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hate to nit pick, but oil is very much a 'petroleum based product' and most natural gas is a by product of the same and it was not the petroleum industry that anyone was suggesting nationalising. I think you will find that I did address the effect it will have on share holders, although I feel that 'personal tragedy' is only overstating the case for dramatic effect. There would, of course, be a period of adjustment for those that had become dependent on share based profits but this would be nowhere near as dramatic as you imply, given that most of the smaller ISA investors, including the example you quote, rely on them as nest eggs or top ups to their income. A few of the larger financial institutions who make their money by gambling on money might feel a pinch but as it would not be an across the board devaluation of all share prices they would quickly readjust (if they could not they would not be in that business in the first place).

Who started this thread in the first place?

end link