Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Only this week the leading capitalist nation in the wide world resorted to nationalising their mortgage industry...two leading companies who had the nations(USA) purse strings in their unsteady grip have been virtually taken over by central government in the name of stability.

This is the very area of finance that caused the world wide economic slump..brought about when the average joe couldnt afford to pay back his mortgage.

I think the time has come to re-nationalise our service utilities here in the UK and there is a wide call for it from the man/woman in the street. I had my ear bashed only the other day on this by a very nice elderly lady I was chatting to in town.

People are feeling a severe financial pinch...then they read of shareholders getting a 20% increase in their annual payout...so shareholders are laughing all the way to the bank. But this increase is paid for by the pain of others who cant afford their gas or their heat. We see stories on this everyday on TV.

Sadly our weak government are caught in the galloping headlights of huge profits and wont issue a windfall tax...even though everyone is calling for it...even Caroline Lucas of the Greens is calling for windfall taxes.

Most of these companies. Gas, Water, Electricity, etc have a complete monopoly, "a license to print money" as we used to call it in the past, so shareholders and executives creaming off large financial gain in this arena is suspect in my view.

So re-nationalisation could emerge again as a real way forward.

end link