Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paulb
    I think you realy have opened up a can of worms here.
    This is probably a subject that even myself and barryw could agree mostly upon.

Having been through the catholic religion(and no they are no different to other religions)
    I can't say they offered much, in fact they did the opposite to what the set out to do.

I attended all the catholic schools st pauls(now closed) st richards(when we joined it was an all girl school st ursula's)then changed name to st richards.
    And St Edmunds.
    So Iv certainly been through it.

To mention just few things i encountered would be enough to turn you off religion all together(I still do have a belief, but through no help of the leading lights of the catholic church.)

Its to horrific to put on a public post, and also some of the way leading persons acted in the community was questionable.

Now you can say, yes every body has some bad apples, but this was not a few!!!

SO paulb, having been a church goer for many years every Sunday in my youth
    You wouldn't get me there now.

Of course you then read horrific stories on other faiths to(child abuse etc)
    so its not one faith.

Just that I went through one faith in a very heavy way when young, and maybe I'v seen the light, but a very different light!!!!

So yes theres meaning Paulb, but you have to believe those promoting you also have faith in.

Will end there.

Something very close to my heart.
    and I could go on, but in respect of all those good people I will stop.

end link