Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You would hardly know it these days, but Christmas is a religious festival. Yes indeed its true, we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Of course the religious aspect of it all has ebbed away. Now the topical stories on all the news bulletins show concern over one thing and one thing only this Christmas, how the High St is doing in the financial downturn.

As our beloved icons like Woolworths breathe their last dying sigh, we bemoan their passing. A great and familar God will soon depart the mortal coil of High St UK.

Yet why do we care about Woolworths? were we shareholders, were we getting something out of them being there? No , not really.

The Church further down the High St UK lies neglected. People trundle by going hither and tither, catching late bargain turkeys and toys, how many of us even know what Christmas is about. How many of us even consider going to Church?

I am afriad I am just another one of that guilty throng...chasing toys and turkeys. I wont be going to any church either. Another savage with no soul. But I once did and I remember I got more out of Christmas then.

end link