Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Do you think only KCC yes men should stand for the county elections? The KCC elections take place on the same day as the Euro ones and the Tory Party will be putting forward candidates that support the KCC, what it does and the electorate of Kent and I have no trouble with those candidates. The ones that get elected will receive an allowance of around £11,000 a year I believe.

Most of the Tory candidates in the Euros will be standing to represent their electorate, but I am concerned that some and all Ukip candidates for that matter will be standing as wreckers. I've been a councillor in opposition, you can and do oppose the ruling party but you are there to work for the common good and to make a difference to the electorate.

Opposing the institution itself is untenable. Especially when they get £63,000 a year plus travel allowance, plus 287 euro a day expenses, plus 190,000 euros office allowance and £36,000 for running a UK office. Dont tell me Hannen is principled to the extent of asking the allowance payable in euros is converted into pounds before it gets paid into his grubby bank account.

end link