Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good morning Ross,

I agree entirely with your post.The irony of it is if this had been presented to the small independent businesses in the area as a plan, perhaps DDC could have called it 'the way forward'they would have seen that there is an overarching strategy.I know independent organisations have tried to implement aspects of these ideas to varying degrees of success.I also know that they are still trying there hardest to make certain things happen.However,I do know from talking to local businesses in the area they feel that there has been a lack of clear guidance and a coherent strategy from the local authority.This is the chance to have a innovative and vibrant High Street.The DTIZ could be the catalyst for real economic benefits for the whole of our area.It could also be the chance for us to have a genuine mixed economy in the area,small independent traders successfully operating cheek by jowl with the corporate big boys.This is the challenge that has presented it self to DDC.In turn they need to step up to the mark and to be courageous,innovative and forward thinking to give us a truly integrated St James and High Street .This would act as an economic centrifuge to increase prosperity in not only the town,but the whole district.
    p.s.I do hope we can hold off the wake part.I do know that this won't happen through sheer force of will alone,but by DDC standing front and centre to be more proactive in leading , coordinating and collaborating with all parties trying to make our town a better place.I think that sounds familiar somehow!!

end link