Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good morning everyone,just for info there is a march proposed for December 9th at 11 am to highlight the plight of the High Street in the face of the imminent opening of the St James' development.The march will commence from outside Marks and Spencer's.We understand that this is a very complex issue and that there are some very good and respected groups trying to address the issue,but we feel that a march would help focus the collective mind of the 'powers that be'on how the opening of the DTIZ may impact on the smaller traders on the High Street.It will also give the opportunity for people to feel that they have participated in having there say on the back of the excellent petition organised by the Salle Verte.This is a non political event and so please leave the egos at home,it comes purely from the desire to have a High street for future generations.It is no over reaction to say that time is running short.(I have not gone mad,well no more than usual,with the use of the royal'we' as it is not just myself and I)

end link