Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You may be right about the latter Howard sadly. That would not only result in their exit from the Euro but also their exit from the EU. Given the state they are in an exit from the Euro would, after initial shocks, be positive while a double whammy of getting kicked out of the EU may well increase their problems to total meltdown - remember they are net beneficiaries from the EU unlike us. Greece taken over by the military would be driven down to third world status very quickly.

This is why the Greek government may end up seeing an Euro exit as a matter of self-preservation. They may see it as the only way forward that might stop the generals taking a hand.

Theirs is truly an awful situation to be in.

Those people I heard were refusing to face the facts of a country that is bankrupted, they had no solution and were just objecting to the only option available that will have to be taken Euro exit or not.

Having said what I have said, I do like the Greeks (and their food) but they do need to get 'real'.

end link