Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith, you opposed the idea of a small area of the allotment sites between Westbury Road and Longfield Road - all the Labour people objected to it and from where I'm standing promoted the idea of turning it down, to the local residents.

As soon as the idea was put foward, you kept saying no, no no.

It would have been ideal to take about 3 or 4 allotment spaces from the 28 or so that are there; they were in between gardens so would have been ideally safe for children - the only sound to the house owners would have been the sound of children laughing and enjoying themselves; there's already a playground at the back of the CAWCA hall, so the principle of children playing is not new.

And just to be pedantic, the (Clarendon) play area wasn't taken away, the area is still there, it's just that through lack of investment by the previous (Labour) administration, the play equipment had to be taken away as it was deemed unsafe by the Health and Safety people - not by nasty conservative people.

Vic - I've already said on here the development money can only have come from two sites -Webbs and the Mildmay; one amount of (section 106) money was I believe £75,000, I don't know the value put on the other and as stated I don't know if the planning department actually claimed that money from the developers - if they did, then it's still there, if they didn't, then it's lost - and that is not my fault.

Roger

end link