Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks Richard.

I wasn't saying you were taking anything away from Dover, but the arguments you were using as to why Folkestone Harbour may be redeveloped (for seafront) housing, were exactly the same arguments used by the detractors of the National War Memorial on top of the White Cliffs - that:
    "Folkestone Harbour Station is the most important WW1 heritage remembrance site in the UK. Folkestone Harbour Station was the last piece of England seen by millions of soldiers as they set off for the Western Front".

I fully agree with your other comments "and whats more all this wanton destruction would be taking place in the 100th anniversary year of the commencement of the Great War. What a base insult to those who paid the ultimate price for King and Country. Sleep easy if you can, Folkestone Harbour Company- the world is watching you in your house of bamboo-are you really prepared to bulldose the hearts,minds and memories of millions across the world at the time of this overwhelmingly poignant centenary?"

English Heritage (and I think one or two others) were against the National War Memorial on top of the White Cliffs, but I believe they are now supporting it - because of strong and successful lobbying.

I wasn't accusing you of anything at all Richard, other than supporting our history and heritage.

Roger

end link