Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

We have just returned from Maderia, and had to visit the hospital there as my partner was not well, for those that don't know Maderia is closer to Morocco than Europe. She arrived at the Hospital was triaged and in with the Doctor and out within an hour, in Medway my brother who has lost both legs was also ill, he waited 5 hours for an ambulance then went to bed, the ambulance arrived the following morning.
    It would be quicker to go to Gatwick fly to Maderia see a Doctor then fly home,providing you have your EHIC the treatment is free!!!
    One of the reasons we are short of Doctors is we gave them a massive rise so that they would open longer hours/more days and so now they don't work as many hours or days as before.I think our Health Service is amazing but when you hear the Health Secretary say the NHS staff are working very hard sometimes even all night? Our health service and Nurses always work nights, so I don't know where he has been!
    The reason why the Health service is on its knees is easy.
    1. The money is not keeping up with what the Health Service need.
    2. Not enough Doctors or Nurses are coming through the system.
    3.More people are living longer and having more treatment.
    item 3 is good news items 1 and 2 are down to this Government

end link