Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I expect you used to walk 15 miles to school in the pouring rain with holes in your shoes too!

These days we are more safety conscious in all things, that's called progress.
    My dad used to be skipper of a Thames barge and was out in all weathers in a small boat earning a crust so don't tell me about hard times, you had it easy. I have a photo of one of the latter boats dad was on in the 70s next to the ro ro ferry Valentine at Dartford - you could fit at least a dozen of the smaller boat into the ferry hold and not even notice them, and Valentine isn't a large ferry by todays standards.If Paul wants to see it I will send it to him.

I'm glad things have improved for seamen, but at least you were warm and dry on a ferry, more than can be said for my dad and all the other bargees - and I never heard him moan.

end link