Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

(If I have it right) the rationale is to reduce the effect on buses of traffic-jamming on Maison Dieu. But, effectively, the scheme will merely allow a bus to jump the queue at Pencester, saving it around 100 yards (the rough distance between Ladywell and Pencester) of queueing. It'll still be stuck until traffic clears to Castle Hill (another 100 yards and a bit).

Time saved? [Ladywell-Castle Hill queueing time] - [Pencester-Castle Hill queueing time] = [your guess here].

There'll also be a knock-on for traffic up Maison Dieu, Barton Road and beyond, including buses coming from Whitfield, Melbourne and Canterbury.

You will see in the 'Equality Impact Assessment' (oodles of chuckles in there) that there is, for some people, a 'risk of tripping' during the works. It seems to me that the authors of the scheme have tripped already.

Either that or, as with many other large public works projects, there are irresistible opportunities for juicy contracts, greased palms, ego-building and power displays.

(Also, I was unaware there was so much 'fear of crime' in Dover.)

end link