Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith, I agree that the land could be used up here but there are ways and means, regeneration isn't always simply building on land that isn't used, it's looking at ways of improving what we have, what we are proud of what Dover is as a community, supporting hoteliers and restaurants already struggling, supporting new businesses that struggle, understanding the ebb and flow of of the Cruises and realising that they all go THROUGH Dover not into it. Everyone says this development will regenerate the area, I disagree, it will be detrimental to areas that we should be proud of. When the areas are gone that's it and what will we have to show for it? I doubt it will be the what everyone tentatively hopes for, saving the drops redoubt will take far more than the 5 million 'promised' and what if that isn't forthcoming? At the meeting councillors said we should be brave and accept the development, I say we should be brave and say no and not hand over our heritage to developers, and take a look at Dover.

end link