Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

After driving carefully through 2 feet deep of water, the road was literally a river and then after picking up some speed, bang, what looked like a smallish puddle compared to what we had just seen was a massive pot-hole and we hit it at about 30mph.

A mile further on the car started pulling slightly to the left and then it lurched and, as I now know, I ended up driving on the wheel rim. Of course, its a new car, no jack, no spare wheel just some kind of reinflation device supposed to get you home. No use at all when the tyre is in tatters... progress I suppose

It turns out that I had to drive about 2 miles in all on the wheel rim first to find a safe place to stop and and then when they arrived a safe place for the AA wagon to hook me up..

But what a great service from the AA. 20 minutes after calling them at about 10.50 pm they arrived, Janet was dropped back at Barham, car offloaded down at Cherry Tree and me delivered safely home at about 12.30.

Thank you AA....

Now if you go down Cherry Tree and see a blue Seat parked with a shredded tyre.....

PS - we were at the Timber Batts Inn earlier for a quiz with some friends and we won.......a really good night with great food and then the drive home...

end link