Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:

I really don't know how much more you wish to redistribute the wealth of others (by 2020 the top 1% of earners will be paying 30% of UK income tax) so that hundreds of thousands can continue to take much more out of society than they put in just because they happen to be living in the same country as me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37969606

Faith is a wondrous thing, Capt. I feel yours is somewhat misplaced if you really believe the top 1% of earners will be paying 30% of UK income tax. Countless politicians including David Cameron and the May estate dodged tax and/or lined their pockets with taxpayer money. BHS's penultimate owner, Phil Green, sold it for a £1 (the poor lad can only afford 3 yachts now) and now, see the article above, young Mr Chappell keeps getting bankrupt and is now arrested. Methinks there is rat or three about where taxation is concerned.

The 1% might well pay the 30% of UK tax that you suggest but ONLY if they are made to pay their due share. This must be enforced. Every penny avoided is a penny denied to our NHS, our schools, our infrastructure, our civil and armed services.

end link