Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Rubbish!

Lord Clyde gave this famous quote (in taxation circles) in the case of Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Inland Revenue [1929] 14 Tax Case 754, at 763,764:[10]

"No man in the country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel in his stores. The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

I have a [U]very[/U] close friend , who not being married, his partner got Legal Aid (£5 cost since she was unemployed!) to get an affiliation order out against himself for the upkeep of his illegitimate children.

This was offset against tax so HMG 'paid' him £32,000 not to be married and he bought a yacht!

Anyway here's a lovely tune to get your blood pressure down :- (I saw Judee perform in Manchester many years ago backing my No1 singer Roy Harper)

end link