Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Unfortunately the examples you use don't fill me with confidence to consider them 'wise investment'. Instead they just comfirm my belief that we are always given half-cocked schemes that do little to build capacity for the future of the town and just try to answer some of the problems of that present time. I would see some of the examples you list as reason for outcry, again just facilitating the lowest common denominator.

The pedestrianisation: possible one of the most poorly conceived anywhere. Disjointed by a road, leading from nowhere to nowhere. Paving blocks do not make it pedestrainised, the usage does; which in this case is of high traffic volume due to no other access to the high street for loading or other.

WCE: good while it lasted and providing a good museum, however not perfectly suited to being a library, more of an after thought to justify it's existence. It would be fair to say it would be just as suited to being a....ummm... a District council office! As for the Cinema a lovely little place that I love, but far from a Cinema experience (I've seen bigger TVs).

end link