Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

100% correct granny ( and Ray ) and a brilliant spot on summing up if I may say so!

I have to say that at the moment supporter “loyalty” is being serverly tested. In the umpteen years that I’ve been going to Crabble I have only missed a handful of home games due only to either sickness or being out of the country. Back then, for the very reasons you have correctly stated, we at least felt as though we had an affinity with the club and players regardless of the league position. I remember on one occasion I even ensured that I got myself up to watch an evening game after having a hernia op. under a local anaesthetic that same day........probably not a clever thing to have done, but you just didn’t want to miss a match in those days as it felt important and pleasurable to attend. Sadly I’ve lost that enthusiasm and I’m not alone, most of my long time “footie” mates feel exactly the same way.

Yes, you can’t fault what the chairman etc., has done for the club, but what we’ve had to endure now and for some time is more or less one dire home match after the other which has all but drained away any keenness to keep retuning for more on the off chance that it can’t get any worse........but it does unfortunately!

The above are simply my own thoughts of course, we all see things differently and no doubt regardless of what’s put in front of them many will still return for more of the same............perhaps I’m not really a “true supporter”?

end link