Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue
    This is probably where we depart from agreement Lol.

It's fair to say you had many years in local govt so would be interested enough to keep up to date with who your local councillor is.

This is not the general case, and as your aware surveys have been carried out over the years on that one question where the locals reply was they didn't know who who the local councillor was, or ever seen them.

Of course there would be maybe three or four that would be known .

I'm afraid I also don't agree on dress code .
    Let me give you a small example of this.
    Apart from the saying
    Don't judge people by appearance.

Whilst on the county council in a stifling hot day I took off my jacket (the alternative was to faint !)
    And was told I was not allowed to!
    Of course my health was going to come first , and it was left there Lol

But we really don't want to get into what people wear, it's what they can do for Dover that is far more important .
    I can recall a few councillors that didn't dress up but we're leafing lights for there own areas but also very respected in the council itself.
    I won't name names as some have sadly departed .

The TV on debates in the council , again Sue you have an interest that many don't share , which is an issue councillors need to address , how do they involve or enthuse locals in the work of the local authority.

end link