Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jan
    I hope I can help without boring you on football .

Dover has been playing in higher leagues and really in a league of high wages competing against very big clubs
    Since relegation in this league other clubs are investing a lot more.

Wages and lack of big sponsors is having a big affect on Dover.
    Iv watched them since the 60s and they have never really been able to attract big sponsors .

The present chairman is one that wants control of the club, he came in after I helped to save the club after it owed £660,000 last time through poor management.

This chairman came in as the new savior, but I'm finding this a little suspect after Hes now asking for £3million for club .

The buck stops in any business with the tactics of the manager and of course the budget .

With the support reducing from avarages of around 900 to 1,000 down often to 500
    The club was in trouble.
    Quite a lot of passionate Dover supporters who went to home and away games , had enough and stopped attending.

I did ask this very question at the ore season manager /chairman's supporters meeting
    Does the club feel the attendances dropping so vastly is down to the lack of support for the present manager.

The chairman quickly jumped in stating the manager is here to stay

Now having gone through the season and only 6 points off relegation zone, the manager jumps ship getting a better job at Gillingham FC
    You can't blame him for that, but some blame must lay with his tactics this season.
    With the chairman supporting him it was becoming dire.

As a real supporter I kept going but it was becoming expensive more so with games being lost against very Avarage sides.

I think the inclusion this season of the youth team manager has given the club more youth, but it is still quite a high level for the youth to play in.
    That said the youth have had a great season .

A new manager willbe announced in next few weeks
    But with lack of resources the dangerous words of a restructure of club is worrying.

Playing on acouncil pitch and asking so much for a club that won't make any money I wonder what the future holds .

If the chairman's seriously wanting £3m after giving the impression he was donating the money then I'm not sure of the club's future .

If less money goes into club then players will rightly leave and the club could well go down the leagues

Some supporters do have high expectations which is good , but it also needs money which remains unlikely

A model maybe like hungerford FC who they play this sat is maybe a good option for Dover
    Run by supporters .
    But that can't happen without the chairman giving up his position and the need for his money.

No sponsors going to come into a loss making venture.

I watch with interest

end link