Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I made an amazing discovery late last week; I went in to the Weigh Inn in Worthington Street, Dover to introduce myself as Dover Business Support Manager and to see if there was anything I could do for them.

It's a little cafe with a Christian theme, but what amazed me was the range of products they sell - lots of big tubs with various cake mixes where you just add water (couldn't be simpler could it ?).
    They also have an enormous range of herbs and spices, pulses, lentils, seeds, nuts, rice pasta and sweets of all kinds and much, much more.

It really is an Aladin's Cave of culinary delights - but hardly anyone knows about it.

Or is it the fact it is a Christian cafe that puts people off of going in there ?

With a range of Kellogs breakfast cereals (bitesize shredded wheat, cornflakes, rice-pops etc.) no sugar-added meusli - all in big tubs, to keep the cost down, you'd think it would be a hive of activity all day long, but it isn't.

Despite it having a large range of loose products and prices that make the convenience stores and supermarkets look like highwaymen; it seems the general public are put off by Christianity and the thought of having it pushed down their throats (which is not the case) if they shop there.

Although Britain is supposed to be a Christian society, it seems our shopping habits are determined by non-Christain values - do take a look and see what they have - you may even feel like a cup of coffee and a chat when you get in there !

If you enjoy cooking - sweet or savoury, the Weigh Inn is where to get your ingredients - don't let religion put you off.

Roger

end link