Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm not sure of the actual cost but it can be found on the website. If you enter the date you want to travel (it may be different prices depending on when you want to go and how full the ship is at the time of booking- don't forget footies aren't allowed on all sailings.

Monday was the launch of the service (although it actually started the week before). I was surprised at how few Dover people were there - no one from tourism, no one from the Hoteliers sector; Graham Tutthill from the Mercury was there, as was Terry Sutton, but I'm not sure what capacity Terry was there, he said not from the Express.

The senior guys at DHB were there. Speeches were made by LD Lines senior personnel and the head of Boulogne Chamber of Commerce - it would have been good if the new Chief Exec. of Dover Chamber could have been invited and asked to welcome people to Dover.

The Norman Arrow is a big spacious light and airy craft, very comfortable and although the sea wasn't rough on Monday, it was a very smooth crossing and with the shape of the hull, you felt it would cut through the waves very well and not be buffeted by them.

I won't go into the food and drink that was served, other than to say is was very, very good.

There is a small "duty-free" shop, but they are not making a feature of on-board sales; there's a comprehensive cafeteria and many seats are similar to an airfraft (with a drop-down tray) - but with more leg room.

The two loading decks are huge and cavenous, obviously much bigger on the lorry deck than the car one.

An enjoyable day really, but a shame there weren't more people from Dover there to recommend to other local people that they choose LD Lines and Boulogne.

I went and spoke to some French people and gave them the leaflet, to which they made very positive comments. I saw many people picking it up and reading it, so hopefully, when they can, they'll come over to see us.

Well done LD Lines and Good Luck.

Roger

end link