Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hmm. The Gov. I might have to be very careful what I say here.

The person in question runs a succesful local business and has brought employment into the town. No question about that. However, his early growth was due to a lot of contracts with DHB who were then, er, wondering about the nature of their procurement practices.

There have been repeated concerns over his use of a certain area of land which have escaped further scrutiny. A local historian can fill in more details if needed.

He got elected to the Town Council as a UKIP candidate (remember them?) and subsequently became Mayor. Sadly, his tenure of office was thrown into controversy by a recording of him snorting an unidentified white substance in a communal toilet.

However, he did manage to persuade the Town Clerk and several other gullible fellow councillors and local 'dignatories' to transfer some £375,000 of tax payers' money into a company called Love Dover. This entity hastily morphed into a charity after public concern. Despite all manner of early pronouncements of great impending benefit to the town, it remains the owner of a single property which would appear to have been its sole aim all along ( as many predicted). But, hey, charity begins at home eh?

Since the, despite being a man of some physical presence, his only newsworthy episode was being mugged on his way home from a rather convivial evening in the town centre.

I've left so much out. But given that the chap in question was rather keen on splashing out dosh on PR firms whilst he our Mayor, I fear of a self-righteous backlash.

end link