Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Colin I am a railwayman and a Councillor,what has happened to the railway good and bad is down to privatisation,we have been strangled and cut and all of a sudden they find more people are going on the train,and they are opening more stations.But these same companies are cutting staff so much there is little to cut,so now they are into stop.
    There is some talk about cutting the Permanant Way teams because Railtrack want to privatise it,well I worked for B.R. and it wasn't perfect,but was a huge company Hotels,ships,trains,property and the track.Because everything was sold off seperately it is a complete mess.The main stations are owned by Railtrack,and the trains by Train Companies,yes people see new trains,but they can't see the problems we have.Do you know we do not get infomation from any other train company say about the weather and we don't get too much info from Southeastern.
    It makes me laugh when Sarah Boundy from Southeastern says something that she has just made up to convince people everything is going to be ok.for instance the other day she said 'There will be extra managers out at every main station.eerr No there wasn't Dover Priory manager was at Ashford and when the manager did turn up at 09.30 we had been operating not for 5 hours.

end link