Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It didn't have enough passengers to pay for it Howard, that was the problem.

As far as I was aware, it had a flat rate that took people round to most of Dover's historic sites and attractions - people could hop on and off where ever they wanted to.

It could/should have been extended to take in places like the Transport Museum and Crabble Corn Mill.

Following on from a Dover Pride Tourism and Castle Connections review/survey a couple of years ago, they came out with two "quick-fixes", one was to introduce new "finger" signs around the Town in both French and English (I believed at the time this was being done with Interreg money between Dover and Calais Towns); the other quick fix was an urgent return of the site-seeing bus.

This never got off the ground because if was felt this was too expensive - may it was for one body to pay, but Dover Pride is made up of partnerships; I can't believe that those partners could not have been approached to help with funding - maybe they were, but no one heard anything; the initiative for what is was worth, died peacefully in someone's waste bucket.

Roger

end link