Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Surely we should look at overhauling the benefit system and make it less attractive and lucrative to single mothers. Perhaps we should stop calling it 'Benefits' andre name it 'Back to work' ie that a person only receives govt financial support whilst one is unable to work due to illness or bringing up a child.Once that child reaches the age of 3 and qualifies for a free childcare centre place (nursery) then the mother should be helped and encouraged back to work and her allowance immediately reduced. Other child benefits could be paid using a voucher system ie milk vouchers,free school meals vouchers even school uniform vouchers so that money is spent on the child and not on booze fags drugs or in many cases all 3 !
    The same applies to pensioners and their fuel allowance.I know so many pensioners who use their winter fuel allowance to buy Christmas presents for the grandkids and then half freeze to death the rest of winter.Give me £300 and I could more or less keep my young family warm and washed for at least 6 months.
    We need to ensure that the child allowance is spent on the child and the fuel allowance is spent fuel.
    So before we start advocating mass sterilization perhaps we should make benefits less attractive to the young mothers and that in itself may have the desired effect of reducing the number of children born into fatherless homes.

end link