Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It's O.K. John, Howard's only joking !

I think there is a lot of truth in what Ken says there.

Those people who come here are not coming here for our weather. They are not going to other European countries for their benefits either.

I don't have a problem per se with people coming to Britain if they can speak English, if they have a skill, if they are willing to work and pay their taxes etc. buy or rent a home.

It is the continual drain on all our resources - education, health, police, judiciary, finances etc. without putting anything back in to the pot.

What I don't agree with is the current set up in Calais that emanates from the other (Eastern) side of Europe (and further afield) where people are NOT escaping persecution, just escaping their badly run country and the ensuing poverty that that brings, so they come to Britain - BECAUSE of our benefit system.

If they were seeking sanctuary from persecution, they could and should seek a safe haven (and this has been said so many times before) in the first safe country out side of their own.

There should be much more publicity about what they will actually get (which is less than what even we think they get - so I'm always being told).

Roger

end link