Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi there Paul, just come on here, and well impressed with Andrew Humphreys letter above. Yes, yes, yes I would love to see them in a book for all to enjoy, especially as some may recognise past family members. My camera batteries have just gone, but I`ve imaged a couple more. Some photo`s show various crew members at work and posing. Looked like it was a pleasure to come to work in those days. Can`t see the present super ferries having half dozen young girls with a crew member round the ship`s wheel, etc. The H & S executive would never allow it. I have over 70 various prints, not all Dover, and in all sorts of condition. Other shots include a plane, a battleship, various tall masted ships, a tug called SUNSHINE, more girls climbing up a funnel... A completely different social atmosphere compared to now. Yes Paul, okay for my email address.

end link