Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have posted my local MP re using water from the aquifers and artesian wells that supply most of the water in the towns and cities around the Downs.

My idea is that the water from the artesian well has to go into a drop tank, and then that drop tank feeds another down the hill from that and so on. Why has there not been placed a water turbine on the feeds to and from each tank creating clean electricity. I am not saying this is the total solution but it may help.

In addition to this, solar panels and small turbines could be placed on lamp posts, hence supplying a battery within for use at night, and when fully charged supply the grid with a converter.

Also DHB could be at the forefront of the idea, not that they would be interested. Not only could the have the first two systems, especially as they have their own drop tanks in the cliffs, but they could have a set of water turbines using tidal power as per Planet Mechanics on National Geographic.

Sorry Vic, but the coal mines were I believe all liable to flooding and uneconomic. We live in different times and coal is a dirty fuel.

end link