Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The trouble with today's young parents is, they cant cook real food to start with,as they were not taught to, so the kids are brought up on a diet of turkey twizzlers etc anyway. My mum was a good cook and I was taught to cook by her and school, my girls were brought up on a diet of real food. No packets of baby food, they had what we had, blitzed in the blender for small babies, and less so as they got older, until a few years ago when the youngest went silly and veggie on us they were always given to choices at a meal time eat it or go with out, fresh food is cheaper than convenience food. If you cook a whole joint of beef you can get several meals from that joint. not just one like you do from a packet. I was behind a Young lady in F*** f***s the other Sunday and she bought 8 birds eye Sunday roast beef dinners at a cost of £16.00plus.A joint of Beef to feed the same amount of people from the Charlton centre butcher would have cost a lot less. Add on the cost of a bag of spuds £2.00, which would keep you going all week, plus other veg and presto a lot cheaper, and any left overs can be used the next day. Also a lot of people just can not afford the cost of school dinners these days, unless they are claiming benifits,especialy if you have several kid's at school, it is a huge chunk out of your week's money. so maybe that's another reason for the low up take of school dinners.

end link