Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think alot of problems could be helped with more food education in schools rather than just a couple of sound bites for tv. Flora for example have started a campaign to get more cookery equipment in schools to teach children to cook.

I disagree with a nanny state too so lets educate and let the children decide. I know this sounds as if I'm advocating that parent defer responsibility but I'm not really it's just that I think it should be a partnership between schools and parents. I have real trouble providing my children with healthy meals but it's not because I don't want to it's because I'm not a very good cook, I haven't much imagination when it comes to food and as I don't get home until half five at night I haven't the time to delve into the cook books as much as I'd like to. This is where schools can help. I wish I'd had better home economic lessons when I was at school.

end link