Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

AndyPol wrote:
    I think you'll find that the residents of Dover lived, fought and died a few years ago to prevent fascism taking over and as a resident of Dover, I can assure you that I am not fascist, so please withdraw that comment.

Andy, I think some of the comments you aimed at me were meant for the OP @JulieS. When I said WELCOME TO THE FASCIST STATE OF DOVER it was not aimed at the vast amount of people of Dover. It was mainly aimed at Dover District Council, who have many times tried to shut @JulieS up over this ongoing issue, and, I am afraid, a few unnamed people on here that try to shut conversations down if they disagree with them. Fascism didn't end with the end of WWII.
    And why has this strand been moved from general public view into members-only view? Would you not call that a repression of free speech and a form of censorship? All things that fascists are known for.
    On the whole thing about what’s been next to Castle Hill house in the past, you are right, that piece of land has had a number of business uses over the last 90 years, when there was a warehouse on the land it stored fruit. Unless the fruit was very off I don’t think it would be haven toxic! Before that, from what I gather reading Dover History Pages, since 1760 the majority of the site was part of the garden of the house until it was sold off by the forerunner of Dover District Council, when they owned the house, so they are the ones to blame from the start. For all those that don’t remember, when @JulieS bought the house, the petrol station had been long gone and the site had permission for a car rental business only.

To throw another pebble in the pond, there’s been a rumour going round Dover for some years that I’ve definitely heard more than once, and seems to be supported by some on the Dover history page, that certain people in this town would love to make the house so impossible to live in, that it would be put up for sale at a knockdown price. They tried it with Bob Adams but were stopped by @JulieS outbidding the other interested party who shall remain unnamed, but shall we say, has a legal interest in a very nearby piece of land. Then oooops! a convenient little fire , like at Club Karma and Westmount House. And then amazing of amazing, suddenly Castle hill house needs to be knocked down and WOW SPLAT!!! suddenly a big block of luxury flats appears across both the car wash site and the land castle hill house sits on.

end link