Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks, Nicky, for your earlier post and photograph.
    Well, think some of you would be interested to see a couple more photographs I took yesterday, which, I am afraid to say, sum up the total disregard, contempt and hypocrisy for planning laws by the former councillor, now DDC’s esteemed Planning & Development management team leader, Peter Wallace. The very same Peter Wallace who in 2014 was on the planning committee that granted planning permission for the Public Hand Car Wash on The Former Ferry Approach Filling Station site, he was also one of the councillors who set the planning conditions for the site to operate as a car wash.

You will see from the second picture the esteemed Peter Wallace knowingly chooses to breach Highways safety planning Condition 5 of planning as granted (DOV 14/00505), a condition of planning he himself was involved in stipulating the need to be put in place to protect highways safety, and now in his current job as a council’s planning officer he is charged with at all times adhering to, under his remit of duty care to the public as a council officer.

The person who came up with this planning condition in the first place in the interests of public and highway safety is knowingly breaking this very condition himself. Why bother Oneself with following planning laws when One is the law in Oneself?

Peter Wallace in his position in the council office is fully aware of all the planning conditions related to this site and the damage that is being done by DDC’s planning officers’ refusal to enforce the planning conditions which were put in place to safeguard public safety, residential amenity and the Human Rights of adjacent residents. His contempt for this planning condition shows the true hypocrisy of this man, his total disregard for the public and his responsibilities as an officer of the council.

What makes this even worse is that he is well aware that on April 22, 2021 Mr Jim McEwan of DDC stated in writing that all conditions of planning relating to the car wash site had to be fully adhered to, as did Cllr R. Walkden on April 15th and 20th, 2021 (guess what, they both confirmed this but still nobody bothered to enforce even one single planning condition) - Peter Wallace would have had knowledge of these emails confirming that all conditions of planning had to be adhered to.

Peter Wallace’s actions in showing egregious disregard for his own planning conditions to me encapsulates DDC’s own true feelings for the residents of Dover, feelings of utter contempt!

To add to this utter hypocrisy and contempt for planning shown by DDC’s own planning officers, Jim McEwen, DDC’s Planning Enforcement officer, was himself observed breaking Highways code, as well as breaking Planning Condition 5, that he is expected to enforce and adhere to, when he drove across the pavement exiting Ramyar car wash on March 29th last year.

All of the above shows to me and I believe to a lot of others that there is something very wrong at the core of DDC planning office, to a point that it should be investigated by external independent investigators.

It’s sad to see these days central government rotten to the core, and DDC running as fast as it can to emulate central government in every way, it really is time for those presiding over us in local government to go.

end link