Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes, Dover is so beautiful in so many ways and has some of England’s most iconic scenery, I am loving the new pictures on the Beautiful Dover strand, well done everyone who’s added photos

But sadly Dover has a much uglier, dangerous version of itself only moments away in the Castle Hill Conservation area and next to some of the nicest areas of Dover near the sea, which is filled with listed buildings including the grade 2 star listed Castle Hill House. And by the way, as Michael Caine would say, *DID YOU KNOW?* DOVER HAS THE ONLY GRADE TWO STAR LISTED BUILDING IN ENGLAND that has a PUBLIC HAND CAR WASH within an inch of its back wall, something DDC should be so very proud of, I know I am!!!! GOOD ONE, DDC! A TOTAL TRIUMPH OF WELL INFORMED TOWN PLANNING

Julia from Castle Hill house sent me some photos the other day to show how crazy things are getting next to her house on the Ramyar CAR WASH, I have also added a photo I took myself last weekend, that I felt I had to share with those interested in making Dover a better place for us all and the preservation of its historical houses and public safety.

My hope is that someone reading this and seeing these photos will have the guts to shake up the powers that be at Fortress Whitfield and ask them, why is this being allowed when it endangers Dovorians and the visitors alike. Even more to the point, DDC are leaving themselves open to be sued for tonnes of our money, if there is an accident or if someone gets toxic poisoning. Or maybe I am missing something and their plan is to chance their luck, then fight any legal action when it comes along, and once more p… away our money on lawyers they hire at huge fees to cover up their own arrogant stupidity, like they did in the Farthingloe /China Gateway Int. screw up!!

This is the photo I took last Saturday of dangerous polluted chemical spray being blown all over the listed houses behind and the garden of No. 3 Castle Hill.
    (photo by Nicola Barley)

The photo below Julia took also at the weekend, sadly it shows a youngish child joyfully playing in snow looking soap suds with his mother looking on, sadly she does not know that what her son is really playing in, is in fact dangerous poisonous hazardous waste from the car wash, which could make him very ill.
    (photo by @JulieS)

A worrying photo of a dog being allowed to drink from the poisonous hazardous water runoff from the car wash running all over the pavement; unbeknownst to the dog owner this hazardous water could at the least make the dog ill and in the worst case scenario kill the dog.
    (photo by @JulieS)

A car leaving the car wash directly across the oncoming traffic, this is a breach of planning and highways safety. This is one of many cars doing this daily.
    (photo by @JulieS)

A car entering the car wash across the oncoming traffic and over the non-drop pavement, which is a breach of the old Highways Code and the new Highway Code, and a criminal offence, which endangers any road and footpath user.
    (photo by @JulieS)

DDC’s point-blank refusal to make the car wash comply to its planning makes DDC guilty of putting at risk highway and public safety and acts of misfeasance by the district council.
    (photo by @JulieS)

Julia tells me that Southern Water still have not been able to find where the poisonous water from the site drains into.
    (photo by @JulieS)

Dear Councillor Roger Walkden! can you and the other councillors on the planning committee that granted permission for a car wash on the old Ferry Approach site, confirm that your intention was when you granted planning permission for the car wash, that you did not want any breaches of planning enforced? Can you also confirm that you are happy with the way the site is operated now and the impression it gives of Dover to passers-by as they get hit by the spray from the car wash? Did you ever consider the damage the car wash would do to the Conservation area and the listed buildings, and the health damage it would do to the nearby homeowners? I personally know the damage it has done to the owners of Castle Hill House.

DDC keeps saying they want Dover to be more of a tourist town, am I missing something? is the car wash in a conservation area all part of a much bigger picture DDC had all along, for the car wash to be a new must see attraction and a great selfie opp for tourists visiting Dover? Along with the Iron Age Boat and the Castle?

I agree, we must always celebrate and promote Dover’s world beating assets, but we must also fight to rid Dover of what makes Dover an embarrassment to visitors and putting at risk Dovorians and the animals of Dover alike.

Maybe it’s time for the rose tinted glasses in Dover and on here to be removed? no more cronyism, no more "he or she on the Council is my mate, so I will stick up for them no matter how ill-informed and incompetent they are", even when their disastrous decisions and sometimes even their lack of doing anything hold Dover back and endanger those that visit and live in the town.

Until we get rid of the old Dover adage, "if your mates are on the council defend them to the death, SCREW WHAT IT DOES TO DOVER", an adage I have to say many on here and at DDC still adhere to, as Private Frazer from DAD'S ARMY was known to have said many times “WE ARE ALL DOOMED, DOOMED!"

end link