Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Nicola Barley wrote:
    Are you telling me you and your cronies pissed away £250,000 ++++ of our tax payers money because a smart ass lawyer told you to, to protect the interests of a private company seeking to destroy an AONB for their own profit and to protect the egos & reputations of certain councillors on the Planning Committee at the time?
    Why are you all not all in jail? Aren’t there any controls in place? Is this how the law works round here in Dover? It looks like you are willing to do it all over again and piss away more of taxpayer’s money over a car wash!!!
    Why is councillor Walkden still on the planning committee even after the Supreme Court’s decision??How on earth can this be so? Or am I just living in the Twilight Zone!!!!

Your language is perhaps more vivid than I would care to use but you're not wide of the mark in your assessment. The hapless Mr Walkden remains on the Planning Committee because that's where he wants to be. His conservative party colleagues wouldn't dream of it being otherwise.

Thanks to the CPRE and the wisdom of the Supreme Court we can still savour the joys of a walk in the Farthingloe Valley. But be warned - China Gateway still exists and continues to boast in its annual report that the compliant local authority will eventually enable huge profits to be gained from the £45m it has borrowed from the Israeli Discount Bank. It has no other assets and no revenue streams that can justify the interest payments on its debt. The only slight saving grace is that 'groper' Elphicke is no longer around to villify CPRE and campaign on the developer's behalf. As to the waste of public money - well, I'm afraid that has long gone. Something to remember perhaps when local elections next arise.

end link