Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul Watkins wrote:
    Still baffled no reply re Convenants & has action been taken to enforce the Convenants in law.

Paul, if I recall correctly, won't you the Leader of DDC when planning permission for the controversial Car Wash was granted, and the whole China Gateway debacle happened? So in some ways you share collective responsibility for DDC’s actions during your time in office.

I know you are now in retirement from DDC duties, but I am sure you still have close connections with serving DDC councillors, maybe you could get DDC to answer our solicitors’ letters and their very fair and simple questions.

Did you read the Car Wash Association’s damning analysis of how planning was granted and our solicitors’ assessment of the true facts of the matter, and how DDC to date have refused to answer these letters or address the ongoing daily breaches of its own planning conditions, and other planning and environmental laws being broken on the site?

Re the Land Covenants relating to our house and the adjacent car wash site, they are for all to see on the Government’s Land Registry website.

As you know, property covenants bear no relation to actions or non-actions taken by a local authority, they are purely civil matters under common law and form part of our forthcoming civil case against Mr Pishtiwan Karim and the site’s freeholder, for legal reasons I cannot say more on that at this point.

I note you are trying to deflect attention from DDC and their total failure to handle this matter in the correct manner, by focusing on the land covenants, which are a whole separate legal issue.

end link