Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Its been so long since there was a debate of this nature on television that I doubt if a substantial body of the voting public will have ever seen one, so will not be able to offer an opinion either way. We know that the Americans do it but I cant remember anything of such a sparkling nature here for quite a while or am I having a memory lapse (which is quite possible)...although following a bit of a headscratch I remember something with Nick Clegg in it, but as you can see it didnt linger in the memory.

Debates of course are always of much more value to the opposing side as they have nothing at all to lose. The government side on the other hand has much to lose, if it makes one slip the national headline writers will beat them about the head with it for weeks after...thereby losing the initiative with the result being the inevitable hammering in the opinion polls. Although politicians tell you they dont worry about opinion polls, dont you beleive it!!

I would certainly agree with BarryW, a debate would be better than a party political broadcast as on the whole they are mindnumbingly awful...except in the US where they kick seven bells out of each other. Not very nice you might think and you would be right, but...not sleep inducing either.

end link