Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

de Bradelei was a very innovative and creative idea to take over working sheds and working docks.

This was pushed and carried out by the more humane decades of the Dover Harbour Board under Sloggett and Soppit etc. Caring for the Community/ staff etc.

Ofcourse, when the transition from working docks to Marina's and Retail Outlets was muted and mulled. We were promised an Ocean Village similar to Southampton, where Cruise Ships, Marinas etc would "save and regenerate" Dover. Heard all of this before?

It is like the Gods have a Chess Board of Dover, and when all ideas fall apart, and the collapse comes.

The Chess pieces start to move around again.

All the same ideas, although they have failed before. Come up again and again, but get moved on to another part of the Port and Sea-front. Leaving a trail of destruction and waste behind them.

This is not emotion, but fact. Cambridge Terrace - The under-used space and constant flattening of the Eastern Docks speak for themselves.

Dover Harbour Board are masters of spin.

Trouble is, we residents are constantly living in a state of flux and fumes. Not really wanting to get too use to anything, since it all gets taken away, flattened, destroyed and banned.

Carrots are waved everywhere - new retail outlets around the Cruise Terminal / Western Docks. What a horrific walk!! DTIZ the St. James Area was better, before it was flattened. Wonderful flint houses etc. If de Bradelei with all its variety, concessions and choice, in a prime, picturesque position cannot survive, I wonder what can ?

Just to add. I went down to de Bradelei early this morning. To convey to anyone I saw around there, how sad and sorry I was for them losing their jobs etc. Bass line is - All of the inlets of concessions, who are not employed directly have all been paid. They are now busy with clearing their units, and waiting for transport for it to be collected. It is so sad, because they have no jobs, and were very committed. There are 50 direct employees in de Bradelei,, they have not been paid.

This is brutal.

end link