Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Don't 'begrudge' at all.

Simple fact human history has advanced by people looking after people a bit like themselves. See Selfish Gene etc.

Sorry but I buy my kids stuff rather than yours. I'm more likely to give to a 'local' charity than an equally worthy one elsewhere.

e.g. Daughter No 3 in Denmark last week. Said it was wonderful to be surrounded by people as tall as her.

Tall?

Didn't dare point out they were all Nordic blondes because, of course, she is of the right-on self-loathing generation and would go ballistic if I pointed out the bleeding obvious.

Nobody, but nobody would have signed the 1951 Refugee Convention if they'd known how it would turn out.

The concept of 'country' has worked fine over past couple of hundred years.

We now have fewer country v country wars than ever (though loads of civil war in sub-Saharan Africa. You want racism? The buggers hate each other!)

There's a tsunami of people who would love to have YOUR stuff which they have seen on the ubiquitous mobile 'phone and they are on the move.

Before I 'go' interesting fact.

People keep saying 'if only we could improve their economy they would not want to emigrate' .

Historically, with improving economy and conditions, for the first ten years, the new middle classes use their wealth to get the Hell out to somewhere even better!

I'd do the same. Mmmm CocaCola, Netflix, BigMac and the rule of law.

(And having arrived I'd be laughing my socks off at the idiots claiming all cultures are equal though keeping a straight face and demanding reparations!)

end link