Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

BarryW its not just the government who have lost sense of right and wrong its the whole of parliament. In the old days half a dozen tories would have resigned from parliament following the expenses scandal, and indeed a few labour ones too.

The old days when people resigned as a matter of honour are clearly gone. But according to reports Baroness Scotland did not know this woman employee was not entitled to work. All her paperwork was checked as I understand it and passed as okay, but it appears all the paperwork were forgeries. What is true or not in these cases though is hard to tell, but I cannot imagine Baroness Scotland, because of her position, would have knowingly employed an illegal. One would need to be pretty thick to do it...she doesnt appear to be too dense.

As for the sacking aspect...I dont think its harsh enough to warrant a sacking because of the circumstances which are extenuating. But once again even if it is worth a sacking, very few people seem to get sacked now as it results in media hoohaw, something the parties try to avoid. Look at Duncan, he was shoved sideways, after quite a time, but not sacked. He lingered too long like a carbuncle!

end link