Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am not sure Howard that it really matterrs whether ASDA walked away due to the ongoing delays or DDC pulled the plug on them because they were delaying. The fact is that the whole DTIZ is now in limbo as it has no anchor tenant, one option would be to replace the superstore with a new leisure centre, as Andy suggests, however that can and only be built with DDC support and money (at least in part) and they have shown little or no desire to invest their/our money in central Dover. An alternative would be for them to seek an alternative company to take over the ASDA part of the development, but times are bad and I suspect they might not get any takers, though I do understand they have had fruitful talks with Waitrose in the past. The final alternative would be to go back to the drawing board and replan it to provide a different blend of small/medium sized retail outlets, housing and civic amenities.

end link