Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Brian the old record shop is a perfect example. I honestly cannot remember the last time I walked into a shop and bought a CD. The last god-knows-how-many albums I have purchased have been bought online and downloaded as digital files. Likewise I cannot remember the last time we went into a supermarket to get our weekly shopping, as we always order it online and have it delivered. It's the same with almost everything - if it doesn't come from an online retailer then it comes from a big store where I have plenty of choices and options and often better prices. I run a business myself and have had to adapt to this modern template for selling. It works! It makes life hard but at least we keep up with modern popular trends and pricing where we can.

I really do believe that high streets have had their day. I rely on them for practically nothing these days except a place to wander around looking at things which I can later buy cheaper online.

end link