Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There are actually a lot of roads in Dover that have this problem. Clarendon Place, Clarendon Street, Longfield Road, Lowther Road etc. Somehow the emergency vehicles and buses manage to get through though. In my road we get quite a few big vans that park, some overnight and some during the day. An ex neighbour once complained to the police about it and was told that as long as a vehicle is taxed and insured and not on double yellow lines or blocking a private driveway they are not breaking the law. She then went to the council and was told that if they got enough complaints they would put double yellow lines down the road so no-one could park there, including of course the residents.
    To be fair these drivers have to park somewhere. My son-in-law drives a sprinter van for work and he parks outside so I'm a bit biased. Maybe you should have a friendly word with the guy and ask him nicely if he would mind parking elsewhere? I always find that being friendly and reasonable gets more results than being confrontational. I'm a lover not a fighter

end link