Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Totally different issues there Keith. Being able to accept and tolerate individuals is not the same thing as, for instance, someone being upset about their committees or the cabinet system (something I dont like either). In the grown up world we cant all have exactly what we want. Likewise Sue, differences of opinion happen and when you have a cabinet it should be supportive of the leader at least in public. Being removed from the cabinet is not the same as being kicked out of the Party. Sue has always been a bit of a maverick and said her piece and yet was a long standing member of the cabinet. We can tolerate the odd maverick, unlike your mob.

Don't you remember how your Party tried to stop officials posting on this forum (or its predecessor). Surely you remember the well reported incident of a Labour Councillor being sworn at by the Labour MP for associating with certain people, including myself, on this forum.

Tell me Keith, surely you are not denying the collective inheritance of the Labour Party, and surely you can agree that the Conservative Party has an individualist heritage? These are matters of fact and history that influence the behaviour and thinking of the two parties.

I do not want to get into the internal wrangles of the Labour Party but you must know that it is the Town Council as a whole that elects the mayor, not just the Labour Party. If some of the Labour councillors have some real objections to the nominee of their Party then they surely have a right to vote the way of their concience at the Mayor making. It is a credit to them that they did so. Would it not have been better to have listened more to their concerns within your group and try to accomodate them, with perhaps a compromise candidate? better than riding rough shod over your own members surely, thats just asking for trouble.

end link