Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Indeed Brian.

Roger while it is a UN mandated action it is NATO who have been given the task. Sadly most NATO countries are indeed not pulling their weight and are keeping their troops in the safer areas of the 'ghan.

That does not excuse our own Government for not putting enough resources into the Armed Forces. I note that it was Brown himself who as Chancellor cut £1.4bn from Defence that was meant to purchase more Chinook helicopters that are desperately needed now. I also see today that the Army operations have been limited by having to use smaller Lynx helicopters to support the Chinooks that cannot cope with the heat and dust so they can only fly in the cool of the mornings and evening. Mad, utterly mad way to run a war.

To add to that, I hear that they are currently relying on no more than 6 operational Chinooks and 4 Lynx helcopters in support of 3,500 troops. The US Marines incidentally have 120 large helicopters supporting 8,000 troops and on the ground have some superb anti-mine vehicles offering their formations protection against IEDs, our troops have none and are having to dismount to deal with them, vulnerable to attack.

end link