Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Many childhood memories of trying to make a decision at the 'pick'n'mix' at Woolies, with the counters at chin level in Wallington.

Was amused later in life to find an almost idetical store in Port of Spain Barbados!

Ah Andrew, the name of MacFisheries brought back such a rush of nostalgia because my mother used to drive their little mini-van packed with fish from Upper Norwood to the Zoo in Crystal Palace and if I was good helping her out - take a turn round the vacant race track there - great fun for a small boy sitting in a crate at the drivers side (only one seat in the mini-van and probably no insurance either) but well worth the awful smell of stale fish water in the van in summer holidays.

Ha! and Tom Collier, Tom Collier, the window to watch, where I bought my first formal suit and a (Velvet) jacket - so 70's.

Do hope Woolworths make it through, weren't they rescued by Dixons at some point in the late 80's?

end link